Shiple Desk Attendant
Shiple Desk Attendants are employed by the Office of Residence Life at the University of Detroit Mercy and are directly supervised by the Shiple Residence Director.
The primary responsibilities of the Shiple Desk Attendants are to help maintain the safety and security of the residence halls by monitoring the entrance and exit of residents and their guests. This includes signing out game room equipment to residential students, answering questions or concerns and reporting any problem or concerns to supervisors and public safety and resident advisors when and if necessary.
Terms of Employment:
1. Must be able to work at least one late night and some weekends.
2. The Shiple Desk Attendant positions are Federal Work Study positions.
3. The Shiple Desk Attendant is limited to working 20 hours per week which can be served in a variety of shifts on different days of the week.
1. Attend scheduled meetings as scheduled by the Resident Director.
2. Arrive on time to scheduled shifts and/or alert Resident Director of any occurrences or changes.
3. Assist, when necessary, Resident Advisor and Public Safety in any way possible.
4. Monitor the residence hall and enforce policies.
5. Sign out game room equipment and check condition upon return.
6. Assist any guest/ resident who desire assistance for residence hall problems when possible.