Environmental Sustainability Researcher
Under the direction of Executive Director, Environmental Sustainability, researches and evaluates current practices in the school district regarding the new Ann Arbor Public Schools Environmental Sustainability Framework which will be presented by the Executive Director, Environmental Sustainability and the AAPS Environmental Sustainability Taskforce to the Board of Education in December 2022 for review and approval. The framework calls for baseline assessments during 2023 of current environmental sustainability initiatives in the AAPS. Areas of research and evaluation include: school-based environmental sustainability initiatives and projects, food service, energy conservation, renewable energy, school gardens, school Green Teams and environmental clubs, purchasing, transportation, capital construction projects, environmental justice and others. The research and evaluation during 2023 will build capacity to enhance the development of multi-year improvement plans for each area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following is a list of qualifications for the position, any one of which may be waived by the Board in exercising its prerogative to determine qualifications.
The following is a list of qualifications for the position, any one of which may be waived:
1. Demonstration of progressively more responsibility and expansive experience.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
3. Experience with K-12 schools, municipalities, and/or state agencies is desired.
4. Demonstration of a professional network in environmental sustainability and a track record of continuous professional development in the field.
5. Self-motivated and self-directed.