PEER WELLNESS EDUCATOR
Peer Wellness Educators are students that bring a vibrant approach and awareness to wellness and well-being topics for the Detroit Mercy community.
As a team, the students will plan, create, and implement programming and initiatives that connect students to University services and promote healthy behaviors.
Outreach programs, virtual webinars, and tabling events will focus on topics such as stress, alcohol and other drugs, sexual health, and mental and physical wellness.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in physical wellness, mental well-being or public health; be comfortable in approaching peers or addressing groups; and have an engaging attitude and willingness to help others. Any major of coursework is eligible to apply.
- A degree seeking student enrolled in a minimum of twelve credits;
- A minimum 2.5 GPA;
- Willing to attend peer health educator training;
- Able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings for events;
- Attend once per week peer education meetings;
- 3 references (Due: February 24th); and
- Be available for at least two consecutive semesters.
- This position will receive residential housing room and board as compensation.