24-00965 Taxpayer Services Specialist III
Are you interested in being part of a team that is dedicated in serving taxpayers and business owners across the Commonwealth in helping educate and bring them into compliance with Kentucky state tax laws? If so, this is your opportunity to work for the Kentucky Department of Revenue.
The Office of Income Taxation has an opening for a Taxpayer Services Specialist III in the Division of Individual Income Tax. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to provide expert technical assistance to taxpayers and staff using clear communication skills and provide guidance to taxpayers and their representative over the phone and occasionally in person to resolve tax matters.
As a Taxpayer Services Specialist III for the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you will provide direct and independent assistance and case resolutions to taxpayers and other department employees as a subject matter expert. You will independently examine a variety of state tax returns for compliance with Kentucky tax laws and regulations. You will also promote voluntary compliance by assisting taxpayers over the phone, in writing, and in person to explain state tax laws and regulations, reporting requirements, and payment deadlines. You will develop training materials and educate department employees. You will serve as a project leader on special assignments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing records and reports detailing the adjustments made to tax returns.
- Educating and advising taxpayers personally and over the telephone, of their tax. liabilities/responsibilities, filing deadlines, payments obligations as outlined by state tax laws, and department policies and procedures.
- Researching tax laws, regulations, and policies.
- Using departmental resources and applications to provide an accurate and in-depth examination of tax returns.
- Recording notes proficiently and accurately into appropriate agency computer systems after examining returns. or during telephone conversations.
- Timely and accurately responding to taxpayer protests of additional tax liabilities or refund denials.
- Moving between computer screens to find information quickly to answer taxpayers’ questions.
- Ensuring the safety and confidentiality of taxpayer information, data, and records.
- Developing training materials and educating employees.
- Serving as project leader on special assignments or projects.
Additional / Supplemental information:
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Must comply with all tax laws.
- Mostly at a desk using a computer and telephone.
- Some travel for training and education.
- We offer opportunities for Flexible work schedules.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Must have four years of professional experience in tax records examination, tax administration, tax investigation, or tax auditing. One year of the required experience must include providing direct technical assistance to taxpayers.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Experience in tax records examination, tax administration, tax investigation, tax auditing, property appraisal, accounting, business administration, collections or a related field will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis. Current or prior military experience will substitute for the required college on a year-for-year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title primarily perform duties in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Tammie Massie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-564-7567.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D